The ten commandments of the non-violence movement are listed on page 68 of Why we can’t wait by Martin Luther King, Jr. I personally believe any movement would do well to hold fast to this list of minimum volunteer requirements. They are as follows:
1. Meditate daily on the teachings and life of Jesus.
2. Remember always that the nonviolent movement seeks justice and reconciliation — not victory.
3. Walk and talk in the manner of love, for God is love.
4. Pray daily to be used by God in order that all men might be free.
5. Sacrifice personal wishes in order that all men might be free.
6. Observe with both friend and foe the ordinary rules of courtesy.
7. Seek to perform regular service for others and for the world.
8. Refrain from the violence of fist, tongue, or heart.
9. Strive to be in good spiritual and bodily health.
10. Follow the directions of the movement and of the captain on a demonstration.
Please know I view my writing as mini sermons and the preacher in me does not solicit comments, but you can catch me, every now and again on my Personal Face Book Page and my Face Book Fire Station Page.